Plenary 4: Investing in socially sustainable and fair corporates: can Asian companies take the steps that investors are demanding on social issues?
A Session by Nneka Chike-Obi, Rizal Mohamed Ali, Khalid Azizuddin, Camille Le Pors and Faroze Nadar
Kumpulan Wang Persaraan,
World Benchmarking Alliance and
Global Compact Network Malaysia
About this session
- Labour rights, human rights, freedom, diversity, equality and social stability: how are investors increasing their attention to the ‘S’ issues and how accountable are companies?
- Did the Covid-19 pandemic refocus investors on human capital? Spotlight on Malaysia’s latex glove industry.
- How do policymakers, investors and corporates refer to the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Rizal Mohamed Ali, Vice President, Responsible Investment, Kumpulan Wang Persaraan
- Nneka Chike-Obi, Director, ESG Research, Sustainable Fitch
- Camille Le Pors, Lead Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, World Benchmarking Alliance
- Faroze Nadar, Executive Director, Global Compact Network Malaysia
- Moderator: Khalid Azizuddin, Reporter, Responsible Investor